Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Eating Healthy On The Road

Well now that my Spartan experience is over my road trip is continuing on to Connecticut. We will be visiting my grandson for the first time and I am pretty excited. I am keeping myself on track meal wise and working out because I plan on being there for him many years to come. I hear a lot of people talking about how they fall off the wagon while on vacation and I thought that I could share some tips that may help nutrition wise. Of course the first thing I would recommend is having an ample supply of shakeology with you. I always bring a bag and some powdered peanut butter so even after my daily dose of dense nutrition I can power down if I get hunger pains or if I hit the gym it gives me the extra energy needed to crush my workout.

Shakeology

The next thing I do is search out a fresh foods market or somewhere I can find organic foods. I usually by things like grass fed beef that's cooked or some antibiotic free chicken. Then I hit up the produce department and stock up on fresh local fruit and vegetables. I stay away from the snacks and prepared foods unless they are healthy options like the soup I purchased was already cooked with local organic produce. Here is a few pictures from the market I found in Connecticut.



stevemiller 352fitclub.com

steve miller

steve miller

I also purchased a rotisserie chicken that was antibiotic free. These are great for a quick meal or a snack and I usually take some of the breast meat and cut it up for my salad! In short you have plenty of options instead of eating out or prepared foods that are high in fat and hydrogenated oils. Being a beachbody coach and a leader for my team I try to set good examples for my coaches to follow. This keeps everyone on the same page as we all have to support and motivate others. After all we are products of the product!

No comments:

Post a Comment