Saturday, August 2, 2014

Running for The Hills!

Well just got back from my Spartan training run got 8.5 miles in on a trail that has some nice elevation changes and oh yeah it's all sugar sand! Talk about sucking the life out of your legs. I stopped every 2 miles (that was planned) and hydrated from my camelback and sucked down some gel shots. The worst part was the heat! The sun was beating down and reflecting off the sand and it was freaking hot. I paced myself seeing I wasn't concerned about time my goal was to get the mileage in. I usually have issues with cramping in my legs but I will let you in on a little secret. Apple cider vinegar mixed with honey and ginger. I pit a capful of my premixed solution in 8oz of water pre run and post run. It worked great I didn't cramp. This is the 3rd run in a week that I have been doing this and I am gonna stick with it. All I can say is for a 55 year old #buffgrandpa I kicked some ass today. Really proud I could have stopped at any point and just said enough but that's not what I do. I have a team that depends on me so if I don't stay motivated how can I lead them. Pushed forward and finished strong ready for the Virginia Super!! I have some pictures of my pre run meal and some during the run. If your interested in being part of my team feel free to fill out the application under the work with Steve tab.



No comments:

Post a Comment