Sunday, November 16, 2014

Dragon Boat With 352!

I must say when I decided to become a beachbody coach 2 years ago I really didn't know what was in store for me. Since that time I have become an avid obstacle course racer, started my own 352 Fit Club, and have been building a team of coaches under me with the same goals and visions as myself. Together this team is accomplishing amazing things and this Saturday was no different. We had been looking for something a little different to test our skills and endurance and decided to enter the Lake Hernando Dragon Boat event in our local area. Two reasons for this choice one, we have never done anything like it and two the proceeds go to our local food bank. Now for the details!! We did a practice session Wednesday evening and it turns out we weren't half bad! We picked up on the commands pretty quick and we did an actual practice run with a professional coach and steerperson. On to race day and our first heat. We were in the mixed (men and women) 10 person open division and there were 5 boats. We were a little slow off the start as none of us heard the horn. We ended up finishing second place at 1:54. We were happy but felt we could do better. The next heat we were pitted against some better competition and we stepped it up finishing 3rd at 1:46. We knocked 10 seconds off of our first run and were excited! Could this be a Cinderella story in the making? On to the 3rd heat we go and let me tell you we left nothing on the table everyone giving 100%. We finished 4th place at 1:47 but earned a lot of respect for our determination and endurance. I am so proud of my 352 Fit Club group as not only are they committed to ending the trend of obesity but are leaders and role models for others. We hold free classes every Tuesday evening at 7PM and offer live Insanity classes on Wednesday and Saturday. If you need a free Team Beachbody account fill out my fitness assessment or message me and I will get you started. Join our team of dedicated fitness enthusiast and be part of something special!


352 Fit Club
352 Fit Club
352 Fit Club

No comments:

Post a Comment