Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Spartan Training


Well I am spending a week in South Carolina so I can have a little time to train for the terrain that I will encounter during the 13 mile Spartan Beast! The weather here is beautiful although a little brisk in the mornings when I run. I did this race last year and the temperature at race time was 34 degrees!! What a difference a year makes. I have been focusing on the hills in this area since I didn’t have anywhere to train in Florida ( minor elevation ) and it feels pretty good on my legs. It’s been a struggle as I am dealing with sciatic nerve pain on my left side but I am able to push through most of the drills I’m doing. Don’t know if I will hold out the 13 miles but I will walk it if that’s what it takes to finish! I have been supplementing workouts with my beachbody Insanity Asylum and live Insanity workouts and it’s definitely helped my cardio! These workouts are designed for the sports minded person to help excel as they include plyometrics and agility routines. If you’re an avid runner or into obstacle races like me then these programs are a great asset. I even have people ask me how I am able to accomplish running in these extreme events at my age and I tell them first age is just a number, then advise them of nutrition and exercise  of course bragging about my beachbody programs! Hey results speak for themselves and if something works why not share it with others. I am proud to represent my team Team Dynasty OCR and all 56 year old men and hope that you will be rooting me on Saturday! I will have live updates on my facebook page so feel free to comment!   https://www.facebook.com/stevemiller8632




Insanity
                                                                                          
                                    


If you would like a free fitness assessment or are interested in joining my team just click on the appropriate tab or message me and I will make sure to get you added!

No comments:

Post a Comment