Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My Spartan Experience

I wanted to share this story with you, It's one of the reasons that I do these races and get involved in the Spartan community.
As I was running a Spartan beast race a couple of weeks ago, I saw a guy puking and throwing up . It was his first race ever, he was lacking the knowledge of what was needed to bring to a race. Even though he brought the main thing, (himself). I have seen people post about being excited for going to their first race . Some people showed up, some didn't. As I was running I saw people struggling with their weight going up the 6' foot walls. I saw single moms, single dads, young and old being part of this, giving their hearts and fighting hard. I heard the word "beast" for the first time used by so many people. But only used to describe the muscular, the fit, the young, or the ones that have done so many races. What about the guy who was puking? What about the overweight girl at the wall? Some of them probably won't ever do this again. What about the single dad, the single mom? The ones who struggle so much to save up for a single race. The ones whose partner didn't share the same goals. What a struggle!! Those very people to ME are "the beasts". I'd be so happy, so glad to shake each one of their hands and give them hugs. Do no let anyone tell you any different. YOU , and only You know who you are and wherever you are . Do not stop. keep fighting YOU ARE A BEAST!!!



Steve Miller

  We are Team Dynasty and would love to have you run with us. We have an Elite team if you are competitive and also our FUN team where we all start and finish together helping others along the way.Message me if your interested in joining us or if you would like more information! Thanks and Aroo!


No comments:

Post a Comment